<html aria-label="message body"><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body style="overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">Dear English majors,<div><br></div><div>I hope you’re doing well.</div><div><br></div><div>I wanted to let you know that English has had to cancel a number of classes this fall, because of funding cuts to our teaching budget that were imposed this past summer.</div><div><br></div><div>I have been trying to find ways of avoiding these cancellations, and in some cases, we found some solutions; but we weren’t able to prevent all cancellations. And I’m really sorry about that.</div><div><br></div><div>I would like to hear from you if you enrolled for a class that was cancelled and it has caused you difficulties.</div><div><br></div><div>Please get in touch with myself, or with Elaine Chacón, with whom I am working to mitigate any negative effects of these cancellations.</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you, and take care,</div><div><br></div><div>Dr. Tobias</div><div><br></div><div><div>
<meta charset="UTF-8"><div dir="auto" style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-line: none; text-decoration-thickness: auto; text-decoration-style: solid; overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;"><div dir="auto" style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-line: none; text-decoration-thickness: auto; text-decoration-style: solid; overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;"><div>—<br>James Tobias, Ph.D.<br>Professor,<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Chair</div><div>Department of English<br>University of California<br>Riverside CA 92521<br>jtobias@ucr.edu<br><br><font size="1">https://ucr.zoom.us/j/95465985946?pwd=Z1A4Yk1UZDhBTjY5UkJ5R1VQTWUvQT09<br><br>"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our responsibility to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, and air: the Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of their ancestors and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this meeting place is home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, including UCR faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on these homelands."</font><br><br></div></div></div>
</div>
<br></div></body></html>