UWP Lecturers question about logical fallacies exercise

sbaringer at gmail.com sbaringer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 09:23:56 PDT 2010

I found this document on my computer and don't remember where it came from.  It's possible I wrote it myself, but it doesn't seem likely the more I think about it.  Here's how it starts - Does anybody recognize it? If not, I guess I'll try running it thru SafeAssign...

Our company will enter a new area of distribution and marketing next year.  The choice to be made is whether we will distribute widgets or thingamajigs.  The Houston division recommends that we go with widgets.  Our division is recommending thingamajigs.  It is imperative that the board adopts our recommendation.  If it does not, we are sure to be filing for bankruptcy within a year.  But if the board does adopt our recommendation, we will quadruple our earnings.

            Thingamajigs are a better choice because that is what everyone in our division recommends.  The Houston division has not shown that thingamajigs are bad. ...