UWP Lecturers Roster alternative

Gray Scott gray at scotts.net
Thu Sep 24 15:49:48 PDT 2009

Hello all,

Doubtless, everyone is aware we've been asked to print out our own rosters "from Blackboard."

Those rosters aren't very printer-friendly, however. Worse, if, like me, you ask the iLearn staff to combine all of your classes into one site so you don't have to update three different sites each time you make a change or upload content, then the Blackboard roster is now all one big roster, without any indication of which section each student is in. (Anyone else combine sections in Blackboard besides me?)

However, there's another option for printing rosters, and I think it's a better one, even if you don't combine Blackboard sites like I do.

Log in to iGrade (where you upload grades electronically) and open your classes. Click on "Print Roster." (The link is at the top of the screen for each class view.) They come out simple, plaintext, black-ink only, one class to a page.

Also, in my experience, the rosters on iGrade are more current and more accurate than the ones on Blackboard are. They are, in fact, spot on, while Blackboard sometimes leaves students in the system after they've officially withdrawn from the class.

Regards,

Gray