UWP Lecturers discount PhD regalia

sbaringer at gmail.com sbaringer at gmail.com
Mon May 4 05:34:19 PDT 2009

A group of grad students is trying to get 10 people together to do a group order on PhD regalia.  The prices are $500 individually (we hear up to $900 if you order it all through the campus bookstore), $400 if we can get 10 people on the order.  One dropped out and there are currently 9.

I'm ordering one myself because I didn't do the whole hooding thing when I got my PhD but now I want one because it's good for lecturers to make an appearance at commencement - assuming we'll continue to be invited as we were when Wartella was EVC.  The UCR models are quite impressive, if you haven't seen them; we all look like Henry VIII.  On the other hand, UCR will lend you a free plain black cap and gown to appear at commencement.

If anyone wants to get in on this order, please contact Que-Lam Huynh directly, que-lam.huynh at email.ucr.edu.

- Sandy Baringer