UWP Lecturers Safe Assign

Kimberly Turner mikrenrut at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:16:25 PDT 2009

Karen,

I usually "threaten" students who don't upload that I may have to delay their grades.  I have had them still not post to safeassign though.

If I don't suspect plagiarism on the papers, I let it slide after I spot check a couple of sentences in a google search.  If I do suspect plagiarism, I try emailing the student to let him/her know that I'm delaying the grade, and then I search for plagiarism the old-fashioned way.  Students generally submit their papers at this point.  When I do find plagiarism at the end of the quarter - or when I suspect I've found it - I use the grade delay and start the process with the Academic Misconduct office.

Kim Turner mikrenrut at hotmail.com