UWP Lecturers plagiarism reports

John Stamp john.stamp at ucr.edu
Tue Jun 9 12:51:59 PDT 2009

Where is the requirement for a student signature?  I don't see one on
the form.

According to the Student Conduct site, you just need to attempt to
contact the student:

http://conduct.ucr.edu/Faculty/Faculty+Reporting+of+Academic+Misconduct.htm

http://conduct.ucr.edu/Forms/Academic+Misconduct+Referral+Form.htm

> When a student has failed to respond to attempts to communicate them,
> where possible, please include documentation of the attempt(s) in the
> form of copies of the letters/emails, and/or a call log documenting
> dates/times of attempted telephone contact.  Include the telephone
> number contacted.

That seems reasonable to me.  Send an email, wait 2 weeks, if no
response, print it out and file with the report.

John