UWP Lecturers FW: UCR Counseling Center/Employee Assistance Program

Susan Brown susan.brown at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 1 13:38:12 PDT 2009

Dear Lecturers,

In light of the tragic loss of our friend and colleague Professor Emory
Elliott I would like to touch base with everyone to make sure that you are
alright. The English department will have a gathering today at 2:00pm in the
main area where everyone can come together to share their feelings and find
some comfort with each other. I want you to know that there are counseling
services available for faculty staff, and students. If you are in need I
encourage you to contact the Employee Assistance Program at "The Faculty &
Staff Assistance Program (951)781-0510 or (800)266-0510".  You can find more
information about this at this link:
http://www.humanresources.ucr.edu/?content=ProgramsAndServices/EAP/EAPWeb.ht

The UCR Counseling Center will also speak to anyone who is in need of
immediate assistance. Students should be referred to the Counseling Center.

UCR Counseling Center

The UCR Counseling Center is available to assist you.

The UCR Counseling Center operates from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through
Friday, excluding university holidays. For appointments, please call
951-UCR-TALK (951-827-8255) or 2-TALK (2-8255) from campus phones. The
Center also offers a walk-in service for consultations and for individuals
who are in need of crisis counseling between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30
p.m.

After hours, mental health therapists are available for
crisis counseling and consultation by phone
951-UCR-TALK or 2-TALK from campus phones

Students in crisis can also call the Riverside Area HELPline at (951)
686-HELP for a 24-Hour Crisis/Suicide Intervention Hotline. Additional
assistance is also available by calling 9-1-1 and the police will respond
promptly.

Counselors Available by Phone 24-hours Daily

Susan Brown

Management Services Officer

Department of English

University of California, Riverside