[Englecturers] Request for help revising the St. Martin's Guide to Writing - Part 2

Rise Axelrod rise.axelrod at gmail.com
Mon May 19 18:39:44 PDT 2008

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I hope you received my earlier email in which I spelled out how you can help
me find professional and student essays for the next edition of the St.
Martin's Guide to Writing and how I can compensate you for your help. In
this email, I would like to invite you to attend one or more workshops where
we will discuss ideas I am considering for revising the Guide. I am eager to
get your reaction to my ideas, but I am even more interested in learning
what in your experience of teaching the Guide works well and what needs to
be improved.

I know this is a busy time of the quarter. I imagine some of you would
prefer to wait until after finals, whereas others may not be available after
grades are turned in. So I thought we could schedule several different
meeting times during the month of June. By May 27, please send Teri Carter
the days and times you can meet and I'll get back to you with the schedule
of meeting times and places.

Through Bedford/St. Martin's, I can pay you $25 for each meeting you attend.
I hope that these meetings help me identify specific areas of the Guide to
revise and also identify people who will be able to help me make some of
these revisions. Everyone who plays a role in revising the Guide will be
compensated and acknowledged for their contributions.

I very much appreciate your willingness to share your insights. If you would
like to discuss this request, email me  at rise.axelrod at ucr.edu.

Sincerely,
Rise
--
Rise B. Axelrod
McSweeney Professor of Rhetoric and Teaching Excellence
rise.axelrod at ucr.edu