[Englecturers] TODAY UCR Mellon Medieval and Pacific Coast Conference on British Studies Friday March 28

John Ganim john.ganim at ucr.edu
Fri Mar 28 10:22:06 PDT 2008

Dear Mellon Members:

Today, Friday, 28 March, UCR (and indirectly and in a small way) our
Mellon Medieval Workshop will be cosponsoring a lecture by Linne
Mooney, famous for her discovery of Chaucer's scribe Adam Pynkhurst,
and a follow up panel at the Pacific Coast Conference on British
Studies Friday March 28 to be held at the Huntington Library. Please
let me know if you will be there so that I can arrange to have you
meet Professor Mooney (or any of the other participants in the panel).

The complete program is available at:  http://www.pccbs.org/

PCCBS 2008: Program

Friday, 28 March

Registration: 1.00-4.00 [Entrance Pavilion]

1:45-3:15 Opening Plenary Session
[Friends' Hall]

Chair: David Lieberman (UC Berkeley)
Linne Mooney (Director, The Centre for Medieval Studies, University
of York), "The Scribe of the Ellesmere and Hengwrt MSS. of Chaucer's
Canterbury Tales"

3:30-5:00: Panels 1-3

Panel 1 [Seaver 1&2]
Chaucer at the Huntington: A Roundtable Discussion

Chair: Judith Bennett (University of Southern California)
Participants:  Mary Robertson (The Huntington Library); Diane Watt
(University of Wales, Bangor); Sue Niebryzdowski (University of
Bangor); John Ganim (UC Riverside); Christopher Baswell (UCLA); Meg
Worley (Pomona College)

Sponsored by UC Riverside, Department of English; The Institute for
Medieval and Early Modern Studies (Universities of Wales, Bangor and
Aberystwyth)

John M. Ganim
President, New Chaucer Society
Professor of English