[Englecturers] FW: [Staff] Top 10 "Benefits" To-Do List for the New Year

Susan Brown susan.brown at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 7 08:12:48 PST 2008

  _____

From: staff-bounces at scotmail.ucr.edu [mailto:staff-bounces at scotmail.ucr.edu]
On Behalf Of Vanessa Franco
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 4:59 PM
To: staff at scotmail.ucr.edu; faculty at scotmail.ucr.edu
Subject: [Staff] Top 10 "Benefits" To-Do List for the New Year

January 4, 2008

To: All Employees

From: Benefits Office

Re: Employee Benefits

Please Post/Circulate

Top 10 "Benefits" To-Do List for the New Year

1.	I will 'glance' at my January paycheck stub to verify if the benefit
plans I

enrolled in are listed and immediately follow up on any discrepancies.  I
can review

my January earnings statement at: https://atyourserviceonline.ucop.edu/ayso

2. If I have a family status change this year (i.e. marriage, birth of child
etc.), I will make any necessary changes to my insurance plans within 31
days. I will also review my life insurance plan to verify if my current
coverage still meets my family needs.
http://atyourservice.ucop.edu/employees/life_changes/index.html

3. I will learn how to access the Fidelity Investments website so I can view
my accounts and take advantage of the many online "planning" tools available
to me. https://netbenefits.fidelity.com <https://netbenefits.fidelity.com/>

4.   I will review my Beneficiary Designations for my retirement, life
insurance, savings plans and update any changes on the Atyourservice and
Fidelity Investments websites.  http://atyourservice.ucop.edu
<http://atyourservice.ucop.edu/>  and https://netbenefits.fidelity.com
<https://netbenefits.fidelity.com/>

5.  I will review my savings plans [DCP, 403(b) and 457(b)] at Fidelity
Investments by logging on to their website or contacting them at

(866) 682-7787. https://netbenefits.fidelity.com
<https://netbenefits.fidelity.com/>

6.  I will attend a minimum of 3 HR/Benefits workshops in 2008 to learn
more about my insurance and retirement plans.
http://www.humanresources.ucr.edu/?content=Benefits/benefitsevents.htm

7. I will obtain a retirement estimate by logging onto
http://atyourservice.ucop.edu <http://atyourservice.ucop.edu/> , clicking on
"Retirement Calculators" and follow the instructions provided.

8. I will learn about and use my medical plan's mail order program for my
maintenance prescription drug needs.  Utilizing this program will save

     me time and money.
http://atyourservice.ucop.edu/contact/medical_plan.html

9. I will review my W-4 withholdings and increase or decrease the
withholding as necessary.  I can view the effect of these changes at:
www.paycheckcity.com <http://www.paycheckcity.com/>

10.  I will continue to count eligible expenses towards my Health Care
Reimbursement Account and/or Dependent Care accounts through March 15, 2008.
I will submit my receipts for reimbursement before June 15, 2008.

Theron Lyon

UC Riverside

Benefits Manager

(951) 827-1434