[Englecturers] Coffee Update (and related matters)

Stephanie Hammer hamm at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 7 11:08:13 PST 2008

Dear Carole and pals (!);

I read with delight of Carole's pioneering efforts in the
matters of the coffee "store" and pub.  I support these worthy
goals and wish you all the best.  I think that many of us are
pursuing similar efforts in different arenas.  My personal
project is encouraging faculty to boycott the bookstore after
several years of memos and meetings failed to produced any
substantive changes.  I would encourage anyone who is unhappy
with the bookstores' prices and services to use the Riverside
Book Exchange, located on Big Springs Road.  It's not a pretty
store, but they buy the books and have them and are very
pleasant, at least in my experience.

Thanks and here's to caffeine and alcohol on campus!

Best
Stephanie Hammer
Comp Lit