UWP Lecturers Basic Writing Luncheon

James J Condon jjcondon at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:19:28 PST 2008

   Dearest Basic Writing Instructors,

        As we do every year, the UWP will be providing lunch on Monday, December 8th to sustain you, the brave basic writing instructor, through the rigors of norming and grading the English 4/5 final exams. This lunch will include pizza, salad, dessert, beverages, and of course, the paper and plastic products necessary to enjoy them. We ask that anyone interested in partaking please drop off the modest fee of 7 U.S dollars (no Canadian, please) to either Aline or myself anytime between now and the day of the final.
        This is not to say, of course, that you can't go off campus for your own lunch that day, but as lunch precedes the norming, and the norming is mandatory before any finals can be graded, a long lunch off campus holds up everyone else; we'd like to avoid having twenty people crammed into one room waiting to norm while a select few are stuck in the drive thru at Taco Bell waiting for their Cheesy Double Beef Burritos. Having lunch on campus together facilitates a faster turnaround on the preliminaries, which allows everyone to start grading their finals all the more quickly.

         Have a good final week of instruction,

Jim Condon
TA Assistant Director, Basic Writing