[Englecturers] Scheduling for Fall

John Briggs john.briggs at ucr.edu
Wed Aug 6 13:12:40 PDT 2008

Dear Writing Program Instructors,

     As we make scheduling arrangements for course and section assignments
this fall, please keep in mind that preferences for Tuesday/Thursday or MWF
schedules, or for teaching at certain times of day, must be reconciled with
the program's responsibility to offer a full complement of appropriate
sections at available times to the largest freshman class in UCR history.
We work throughout the year to secure rooms and times that are convenient.
But we must compete with math and other units, and do our best within the
limits of campus facilities.  As a consequence, there will be some 7:00-8:00
a.m. assignments, and some 8:00-9:30 p.m. assignments as well.

Not everyone will have a convenient teaching schedule.  We will do our best
to work with instructors' available times within these administrative
parameters.

John Briggs

Director, University Writing Program