[Englecturers] have a Time Machine essay prompt?

Zina Rodriguez zinarodriguez at charter.net
Tue Nov 6 21:02:22 PST 2007

Hello all,

This is the first quarter I will be using H.G. Wells in my English 4
sections, and this week I'm designing the prompt for the third essay.
I'm hoping to get some inspiration for my prompt from those of you who
are seasoned in teaching The Time Machine.

I've been preparing my students for a cultural studies reading of Wells
with the Write-It essays by Thomas, Said, Kluckhorn, and Miner. Does
anyone out there have a cultural studies-type Time Machine prompt that
works particularly well for English 4 students?

Many thanks,

Zina Rodriguez