[Englecturers] Do you have a good "Explaining Opposing Positions" assignment?

jonesbk at ucr.edu jonesbk at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 6 01:40:34 PST 2007

While I'm peppering the listserv with inanity, does anyone
have a paper assignment for the new "Opposing Positions" paper
in English 1A that you wouldn't mind sharing with me,
preferably in an attachment, and preferably very quickly?

I thought I was assigning this paper next week, but I just
looked at my schedule and saw that I'm assigning it this week.
I have barely started the assignment description, and I
haven't looked at it for about three weeks--until today, when
I took a look and had one of those delightful hair-raising
moments as I realized how little I have thought about this
much-anticipated assignment.

!!!!!!!!

Caught with my pants down. Rather embarrassing, but there it is.

Thanks,
Benedict (this just isn't my day, is it?)

P.S. Also, if you've ever assigned a topic analysis exercise
like the one in the SMG (241-251, but especially 250), I would
appreciate any pointers you have to offer. I think I saw some
advice on the SMG site a few weeks ago, but I won't have time
to look at that until Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.