[Englecturers] FYI: Cherrie Moraga at UCR

Steven Axelrod steven.axelrod at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 14 13:25:25 PST 2007

Dear Students and Colleagues:
CHERRIE MORAGA will be speaking at UC Riverside this SUNDAY, February
18, 11 am at the University Theater as part of the Western Regional
LGBTQIA College Conference. This student organized conference begins
Thursday, February 15 with many exciting and important speakers and
events, including new performance work by Adelina Anthony. For
registration and schedule go to www.uclgbtia.org/conference2007/
schedule.html.

Cherrie Moraga is one of the most important voices of Chicana/o
literature and cultural studies. Her insistence on the centrality of
gender and sexuality have revolutionized Chicana/o critical
discourse. Her works include the cross-genre memoir LOVING IN THE WAR
YEARS/LO QUE NUNCA PASO POR SUS LABIOS and the collection of plays,
HEROES AND SAINTS AND OTHER PLAYS. Her ground-breaking work also
includes the co-edited volume THIS BRIDGE CALLED MY BACK with Gloria
Anzaldua.

I want to personally invite you to join me this Sunday for what will
undoubtedly be a provocative and moving lecture. Please lend your
support by widely announcing this event to friends and colleagues
both at the university and in the community.

Saludos,
Tiffany Ana Lopez
Associate Professor
Department of English