[Englecturers] textbook book selection meetings

lstrahan at ucr.edu lstrahan at ucr.edu
Mon May 8 12:53:53 PDT 2006

Dear Instructors,

Michael has collated all the survey information, and we have
a clear idea about what texts worked, what texts didn't work,
and why these texts were not the best choices possible for
the courses.  We also have received some excellent
suggestions for new texts.  If you have since thought of
anything you would like to add to the list, please let us
know.  We will meet to begin making decisions about the whole
texts for English Writing 4 on Wednesday, May 17, for English
5 on Wednesday, May 31.

The Basic Writing 3 meeting will be on June 1.  If you have
taught BW3 and want to see the two new texts I have selected
as possible replacements for Azar, please come by my office.
I have asked the publisher to send me a few extra copies, so
you can take  copies home and spend some time evaluating
them.

All meetings will begin at noon in the WRC.  All who wish to
attend are invited.

Linda