[Englecturers] PAMLA PANEL

Joshua Fenton fenton_jp at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 16:07:00 PST 2006

Do you have a lesbian, gay, queer paper and are just dying to present it for
the world to hear?  Have you considered applying to the PAMLA Gay and
Lesbian Studies Panel?  I'm chairing the panel this year and am allowed to
choose only one paper from my home institution to present on the panel.
Technically, I have to send in my choices by April 15 and I still have a
slot for that UCR graduate student or lecturer open.  Email me an abstract
at fentonjp at gmail.com soon if you are interested.

The conference is at UCR this year!

My CFP is below:

Call For Papers: Gay & Lesbian Studies (3/15/06; PAMLA 11/10-11, 2006)

Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association Conference 2006 November
10-11, 2006 University of California, Riverside Riverside, California

Submission Deadline: March 15, 2006

Paper proposals are requested for a standing panel of the PAMLA conference.

While the panel is open to any topic in Gay & Lesbian Studies, I am
particularly interested in papers that address the following areas:

-Queer community formation/dissolution

-The role of Gay/Lesbian/Queer Theory in a Democracy

-Lesbian/Gay/Queer citizenship

-The import of Lesbian/Gay/Queer studies for 21st Century Late-Capitalism

-Lesbian/Gay/Queer consumer culture

-How Queer/Lesbian/Gay studies impact interdisciplinary studies

-The Queer Teacher and her/his role in the literary classroom

-Teaching a GLBQ novel

All other topics revolving around gay/lesbian/queer studies are welcome.

Please email 500 word abstracts (inline or word attachments only) to Joshua
Fenton at fentonjp at gmail.com

For additional information, please see the PAMLA website at www.PAMLA.org or
contact Joshua Fenton directly.