[Englecturers] UCR Telephone Directory/E-mail Account

Susan Brown susan.brown at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 15 11:55:17 PST 2006

Dear Lecturers,

The department is working on new and creative ways that we can more
efficiently communicate with you and give other campus personnel and
students the opportunity to know how to contact you. One way that we know
will help the situation is to make sure that all of you are established in
the UCR Campus Directory and have a UCR e-mail account.  Some problems have
arisen from lecturers not having, or not using, a UCR account, such as
missing required campus notifications and the department listing not being
updated. Having a UCR account will alleviate this situation.

Kathleen Carter has distributed the Computing & Communications UCR Net ID
form to all of your mailboxes. We ask that you stop in to see her and fill
out the form by April 6th. We will be doing a batch posting into the campus
system on April 7th. Once your Net ID and temporary password are placed into
the system you will have 7 days to go to
https://ldap.ucr.edu/ldap/setpassword to update your password. The temporary
password is only good for 7 days, so we ask that you please do the update in
order to save a second trip to Kathleen.

We will update the database quarterly.

For those that have an active UCR account, please disregard this notice
because you will not need to do anything.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Susan Brown

Susan Brown

Department of English