[Englecturers] Final Call: Sex Matters Conference at UCR

Dane Barca danebarca at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:39:36 PST 2006

Sex Matters:  Sexualities across the Disciplines
An Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference
February 25, 2006
University of California, Riverside

	This conference is a millennial appraisal of the functions of sexualities
that will be conducted through a broad interdisciplinary program that seeks
to bring together perspectives from the science, humanities, social science
and artistic communities.  The blanket term “sexuality” is no longer
sufficient to encompass the diverse manners in which the term is articulated
in popular and academic spheres.   Through a series of posters, panels, and
talks, this conference seeks to voice the plurality of discourses
surrounding the different “sexualities” that we encounter in our researches.
  Enjoy free food and drink, engaging presentations, adding to your cv, and
the opportunity to schmooze with the greater graduate community. The best
panel presentations will be published in the conference proceedings, and
there will be significant cash awards for the best posters and panels.  In
addition to artistic submissions, we welcome interdisciplinary proposals for
papers, posters, and panel discussions on, but not limited to the following
topics:

chemical and hormonal sexualities
gender theory and desires
reading sexualities in literature
the private lives of plants
biomedical approaches to sexualities
post-Foucaultian sexualities
perversity
performance theory
transexualities
queer theory
sexualities in philosophical discourse
animal husbandry & zoological sexualities
romancing the stoner: drugs and sexualities
sexualities before 1860
representations of sexual disease
the passions of proteins
classical sexualities
sexualities in the market economy
porn
insect sexualities
pederasty
cross-cultural sexualities
media studies and sexualities
non-Eurocentric sexualities
sex trafficking

Individual proposals should be less than 250 words and sent in the text of
an email (no attachments).  Specify whether your proposal is for a panel or
poster presentation.  Please include your departmental affiliation and a one
sentence summary of your research interests.  Proposals will be accepted on
or before January 16, 2006 at the following email address:
sexmatters at gmail.com.  See our website: www.gsa.ucr.edu/sexmatters

Please respond to my new email at danebarca at gmail.com