[Englecturers] FW: Asian American Encyclopedia Entries (3/31/06; collection)

Steven Axelrod steven.axelrod at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 2 14:00:02 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-cfp at lists.sas.upenn.edu [mailto:owner-cfp at lists.sas.upenn.edu]
On Behalf Of Dr. Seiwoong Oh
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 7:09 AM
To: cfp at english.upenn.edu
Subject: CFP: Asian American Encyclopedia Entries (3/31/06; collection)

Call for Contributions

Asian American Entries in Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Literature

Scholars of Asian American literature are invited to contribute articles
to be included in the Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Literature, a
5-volume set in which the Asian American entries will be a separate
volume. The Encyclopedia will be published in late 2006 by Facts On
File, a New York publisher of reference books for high school and
college students (www.factsonfile.com <http://www.factsonfile.com/>).

Entries range between 500-800 words, and each contributor may write one
or several entries. Contributors who write a total of 3,000 published
words or more will receive a copy of the five-volume set (tentatively
priced at $325); those who write less will receive five copies of their
entry or entries and will have an option to buy the set or the Asian
American volume at half price. All payments will be made at the time of
publication of the Encyclopedia.

If you are interested in participating in this project for high school
and young college students, please contact Seiwoong Oh (editor in charge
of the Asian American volume) by email. Please include a list of authors
you are interested in writing about, as well as a short bio; your
daytime phone number; and your e-mail and regular mail addresses.
Shortly after December 31 (after I return from the MLA), I will send you
your assignment, guidelines, a style sheet, sample entries, and a
contract. Deadline for entries: March 31, 2006. Preference will be given
to those who can send in their entries early, before the deadline. I
have already collected 250 entries on major Asian American authors and
their literary works. The following list represents 90 or so entries to
be added to my collection. Please feel free to suggest any new or newly
discovered authors.

Seiwoong Oh, Ph. D., Professor and Chair, Department of English, Rider
University, 2083 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-3099, USA

E-mail: oh at rider.edu <mailto:oh at rider.edu>

List of Available Entries

Talat Abbasi

            Bitter Gourd and Other Stories