[Englecturers] Plagiarism, etc.

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Mon May 23 11:53:48 PDT 2005

I, too, have had some problems with plagiarism this quarter, but because I have my students post their at-home essays on Safe Assignments through Blackboard, this not only deters plagiarism (there is a disclaimer warning the students that that is what the site is for before they post) but also makes it much easier to identify plagiarized papers due to the attached report for each essay.  If you are not using this tool in your classes, I strongly urge you to do so from now on as it saves valuable time we do not have to track down these things on our own.  Terry Spaise