[Englecturers] merit review

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Mar 28 13:34:35 PST 2005

For people currently undergoing merit review I want to call attention,
without further comment from me at this time, to the following provision of the
current MOU:

Article 22.E.2a The University shall provide to the UC-AFT proposed changes
to campus merit guidelines at least a month prior to finalization.  The
University will begin to apply changed guidelines to individual NSF only with the
beginning of the NSF's merit review cycle.

Article 22.E.2b  The University shall provide to the UC-AFT proposed changes
to departmental review procedures at least a month prior to finalization.
Upon request of the UC-AFT, the University shall meet with the UC-AFT to discuss
the effect of the proposed merit procedure changes before the University
implements such changes.

I'm happy to discuss any issues on the phone with anyone.  I do have one
question here, though, in order to avoid duplicate postings: who-all receives
messages to this listserve?  Are the writing/comp directors and/or the chair on
it? staff?

- Sandy Baringer
760-751-1504