[Englecturers] overtime pay redux

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Thu Jan 20 14:15:32 PST 2005

Dear All,

When we settled the work-load grievance, the University
agreed to a one-time only overtime payment to everyone who
taught composition classes this past fall quarter, 2004.
This excludes BW3 classes which did not increase class size.
If you taught any composition class last quarter with an
increased class size, therefore, you are entitled to this
payment.

The University is issuing everyone a separate check based on
7% of your  fall quarter 2004 total salary x classes taught.
If anyone wants to know the exact amount of their check
before picking it up, I have the figures the Union agreed to
as part of our bargaining agreement.  The checks can be
picked up by February 7, or after,  at Human Resources, Suite
A, 1160 University Ave. (It's part of the extension-motel
complex across the street from University Village).  The
person to speak to is Marianne Beckett.  She has the checks.
We need to sign a release form and then we get the moola.

If you can't be there Feb. 7, you can, of course, pick up the
check when its convenient.  If you need to check times with
the Labor Relations Office, you can email Marianne Beckett at
marianne.beckett at ucr, or phone 951-827-2847.

Stephanie Kay
UC-AFT Grievance Officer