[Englecturers] New Lecturer Listserv and Directions

Lash Vance lashervan at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:42:44 PST 2005

Greetings All,

My name is Keith Vance, and I’ve taken over duties as the new IT
representative for the lecturers in the English department.  So, if you have
any computer issues that you would like resolved, contact me at
lashervan at hotmail.com, and I’ll try to adjudicate the issue as soon as
possible.

First, in the next few weeks I’ll be visiting every lecturer office computer
to update computer components, reinstall virus protection, clean caches, and
generally insure that your machine is running smoothly.

Second, we have a new location for the listserv.  I’ve auto subscribed
everyone on the old list, so you should have received an email about it.  If
not, please go to http://lists.ucr.edu/mailman/listinfo/englecturers, where
you can login.  This new listserv operates much like Hotmail and will allow
us to archive past emails so that we can respond coherently to previous
comments.  Once there is sufficient content, these emails can even be broken
into categories such as “Syllabus Ideas”, “Writing Prompts”, and whatever
else we deem necessary.

The directions to subscribe and/or change your password for the listserv
should be included in the auto response that was sent out.  On the
subscription page you will also see a number of parameters for receiving
emails.  If you’d like, for instance, only to receive one listserv email per
day, you can click on that box.

If you have any questions about it, contact me at lashervan at hotmail.com.

Sincerely,

Keith Vance

Lash Keith Vance, Ph.D., MEd
University of California, Riverside
Department of English
Director of Computer Assisted Instruction
Riverside, CA 92507
Work Phone: (909) 787-5301 x11839
Email: lashervan at hotmail.com