[Englecturers] (no subject)

englecturers at lists.ucr.edu englecturers at lists.ucr.edu
Sat Feb 26 09:26:17 PST 2005

English 1A and 1B instructors:

I am currently planning the new edition of The St. Martin's Guide to
Writing as well as the collection of student essays, Sticks and Stones.
We want to replace a number of student essays and I very much want to
use essays from our program.  Therefore, I am asking you to please give
me TWO student essays for EACH essay assignment.  If it is easier for
you to forward to me all the essays you have collected on Blackboard,
that would be fantastic. The more essays, the better.

Please don't hesitate to give me essays for assignments that vary from
the Guide (for example, essays that combine genres or that analyze a
concept in a single-author text). Also, if you have saved any essays
from previous quarters, I would very much appreciate your sharing them
with me.

I would be happy to receive electronic or hard copies, whatever is most
convenient for you.
The only thing I need in addition to the essay is the writer's name so
that I can ask the student for permission to publish the essay if it is
selected. That way, you don't have to bother with permission forms.

Please try to get me the essays by the end of finals week.  Thank you
in advance for your help. I appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,
Rise