[Ehsfaculty] EH&S: Lab Safety Contact orientation August 2 @10AM

Patrick Monnig patrick.monnig at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 19 16:44:25 PDT 2023

Hello Lab Safety Contacts!

If we haven't met before my name is Patrick Monnig, I am the Chemical Hygiene Officer and Lab Safety Supervisor with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S).  Recently we asked the PIs on campus to indicate who in their lab they wanted to have as their Lab Safety Contact (LSC), and that included you.  Lab Safety Contacts are appointed to assist in identifying and addressing safety concerns, overseeing safety practices in daily operations, and are the primary liaison for safety in the laboratory.  Find out more information about the group on our website: https://ehs.ucr.edu/safety-committee#laboratory_safety_contact_lsc

We are having a Lab Safety Contact Orientation zoom meeting August 2nd at 10:00AM and would like to have you join us.  We will discuss what the role entails and plans for the future.  For many of you the LSC responsibilities will already be familiar, and you may already work closely with your EH&S research safety counterparts.  Through this orientation and the program going forward, we would like to make sure you have the tools and resources you need to effectively impact safety in your lab environment.

Please email ehslaboratory at ucr.edu<mailto:ehslaboratory at ucr.edu> if you have any questions about being a Lab Safety Contact, or anything related to safety.  I look forward to meeting with you August 2nd at 10AM.

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick Monnig
Chemical Hygiene Officer/Lab Safety Supervisor

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RIVERSIDE
Environmental Health & Safety
900 University Avenue | Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-4254 | patrick.monnig at ucr.edu<mailto:patrick.monnig at ucr.edu>  |Controlled Substances: ehscs at ucr.edu<mailto:ehscs at ucr.edu>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9BA5F.A15A9D30]<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bgbyYMVNTOtXyhD>