[Ehsfaculty] EH&S: Lab Safety Contact orientation planned

Patrick Monnig patrick.monnig at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 19 16:32:05 PDT 2023

Hello UCR Faculty,

Recently you were contacted by someone from the EH&S Research Safety team regarding our Lab Safety Contact<https://ehs.ucr.edu/safety-committee#laboratory_safety_contact_lsc> program, and asked to confirm assignment of a delegate to act as your Lab Safety Contact.  We are planning an orientation zoom meeting for August 2nd at 10AM, and right after this I am going to be sending out the first email to the Lab Safety Contact group with that meeting information.   Below my signature is the email that will be going out.  Going forward we will be using this EHSFaculty listserv to share EH&S information with PIs on campus, including information shared with Lab Safety Contacts.

I will be out on vacation for the next week, if you need assistance or have questions please email ehslaboratory at ucr.edu<mailto:ehslaboratory at ucr.edu> to reach the full Research Safety team.

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick Monnig
Chemical Hygiene Officer/Lab Safety Supervisor

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RIVERSIDE
Environmental Health & Safety
900 University Avenue | Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-4254 | patrick.monnig at ucr.edu<mailto:patrick.monnig at ucr.edu>  |Controlled Substances: ehscs at ucr.edu<mailto:ehscs at ucr.edu>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9BA5B.01435340]<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bgbyYMVNTOtXyhD>

Hello Lab Safety Contacts!

If we haven't met before my name is Patrick Monnig, I am the Chemical Hygiene Officer and Lab Safety Supervisor with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S).  Recently we asked the PIs on campus to update their LHAT to indicate who in their lab they wanted to have as their Lab Safety Contact (LSC), and that included you.  Lab Safety Contacts are appointed to assist in identifying and addressing safety concerns, overseeing safety practices in daily operations, and are the primary liaison for safety in the laboratory.  Find out more information about the group on our website: https://ehs.ucr.edu/safety-committee#laboratory_safety_contact_lsc

We are having an Lab Safety Contact Orientation meeting August 2nd at 10:00AM and would like to have you join us.  We will discuss what the role entails and plans for the future.  For many of you the LSC responsibilities will already be familiar, and you may already work closely with your EH&S research safety counterparts.  Through this orientation, and group going forward, we would like to make sure you all have the tools and resources you need to effectively impact safety in your lab environment.

Please email ehslaboratory at ucr.edu<mailto:ehslaboratory at ucr.edu> if you have any questions about being a Lab Safety Contact, or anything related to safety.  I look forward to meeting with you on August 2nd at 10AM.

Thanks,
Patrick