[Edge-grads] Geographer's and EDGE Scholarships - due Tomorrow!

Theresa Kane theresa.kane at ucr.edu
Thu Apr 28 10:29:04 PDT 2022

Applications are due tomorrow April 29th at 5pm

Dear Students,

We have two new and exciting scholarship opportunities for you!

Geographer’s Scholarship for Global Change Science and Sustainability:

This scholarship supports UCR CNAS students pursuing studies leading to an improvement in our understanding of global change processes and/or translating that understanding into recommendations that shape public policy.  We anticipate funding 3-4 awards ranging in size from $5,000 to $10,000.  Scholarship winners will be announced at the EDGE Spring Symposium on May 20th. Please apply using this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnB5N9kG9q4-3VhVjKsr7BqPdop0HpnGECIbh1LJJiHVVC2g/viewform?usp=sf_link

EDGE Scholarships funded by Marilyn Fogel:

On behalf of Marilyn Fogel and UC Riverside’s EDGE Institute (Environmental Dynamics & Geo- Ecology; edge.ucr.edu<http://edge.ucr.edu>), we will be awarding three $800 scholarships in 2022. The scholarships can support any aspect of the student’s research, including fieldwork, conference attendance, or laboratory/computational expenses, or outreach activities related to their research.  Eligible applicants must be enrolled as full-time graduate students at UC Riverside. Scholarship winners will be announced at the EDGE Spring Symposium, May 20th 2022. Applications will be evaluated by a UC Riverside faculty panel. Please apply using this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSx3B1Wc98bSgRP72rAi5tVBugqbrOgXlwSyT6c34qBnL2yg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Students are strongly encouraged to present a poster at the EDGE Symposium on May 20th, and we suggest reusing an existing poster from another meeting you have attended. If you are an undergraduate or first year graduate student and have not yet created a poster, we can make an exception. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to present a poster at the EDGE symposium next year.

Applications are now open! Please see both email attachments for further information.

If you have any questions, please contact me at theresa.kane at ucr.edu.

Sincerely,

Theresa

Theresa Kane