[CW-Grad] Great MFA and UCR news from Susan Straight--

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Sep 10 13:22:04 PDT 2012

Dear All,
Minh Pham has a poem, “PTSD,” in Mascara Literary Review.   His poem  “Plea Under Lotus Feet,” will be published in an upcoming issue of Verdad Magazine.

And I just saw a great poem, "Dolby," by John Olivares Espinoza, another UCR grad, in the new Zyzzva.

And last great news - Keenan Norris, who got his undergraduate degree here and is getting his PhD at UCR now, is the 2014 winner of the James Houston Fiction Prize and his novel will be published by Heyday Books in 2014.  During the announcement we made at the California Historical Society in San Francisco last week, we got the first copy of Mariah Young's story collection which is the inaugural winner!  It will be out in November.  So congratulations all around.

Susan Straight