[CW-Grad] FW: Fellowship Opportunity at P&W in LA

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Thu May 17 13:35:16 PDT 2012

From: Melissa Ford Gradel [mailto:mgradel at pw.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:37 PM
Cc: Elliot Figman; Cheryl Klein
Subject: Fellowship Opportunity at P&W in LA

Dear Colleagues,

Poets & Writers is now accepting applications for the Galen Williams Fellowship program for 2012-13.

Designed to nurture the next generation of leaders for the literary field, fellows have an opportunity to work on one of Poets & Writers' key programs-Poets & Writers Magazine, pw.org, or the Readings/Workshops program. These paid positions require twenty hours per week for approximately ten months. This year, two fellows will work in our NYC office and one in LA.

I have attached a detailed description for the position in LA -- the McCrindle Foundation R/W Fellow. (Descriptions of all three positions, including application instructions, are also available on our website, here<http://www.pw.org/about-us/career_opportunities>.)

Please make this information available to your students and associates. We would be especially appreciative if you would bring this opportunity to the attention of prospective candidates you think have the potential to make an important contribution to the field, and who would benefit from this unique opportunity. While the program is perhaps best suited to a current graduate student, or someone who has recently completed a graduate degree, we welcome applications from other qualified candidates as well. Our first two "classes" of fellows have included exceptional students and recent grads of MFA programs at Adelphi, Sarah Lawrence, and NYU.

The deadline for applications in June 15.

Thank you!

MFG

--

Melissa Ford Gradel