[CW-Grad] Thursday night talk-back after Hamlet with me, John Briggs and Tiffany Lopez

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 6 15:56:36 PST 2012

Hi all--

In case you haven't yet gone, I'll be going to the Thursday performance and there will be a half-hour discussion of the play with the audience, with myself, Prof. Tiffany Lopez, and Prof. John Briggs, who is a Shakespeare scholar and head of the University Writing Program.

I urge you to come see the play and to encourage your students to come as well, and stay for the discussion. It's Hamlet, after all. Doesn't really get much better than that.

Plus your MFA compatriot Kris Ide is playing the villain again-- "with one auspicious and one dropping eye," no doubt.

The performance is in the Studio Theatre in the Arts Bldg. You can get your ticket at the box office there the night of the performance, but I believe if you buy your tickets ahead of time at the University Box office in the Humanities Bldg you get a two buck discount.

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto