[CW-Grad] IMPORTANT: regarding putting an "embargo" on ProQuest dissemination of your thesis

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Jun 11 16:25:48 PDT 2012

To all MFAs graduating this year, and an FYI to the rest:

As you probably now know, ProQuest has become in effect the electronic library housing your theses.

Because many of you will be in the process of submitting your thesis manuscripts to publishers or producers and may not wish them to be made accessible by ProQuest to others, you can put an "embargo" on any dissemination of your thesis for a period of time, as the attached document details.

This document indicates that ProQuest allows a maximum period of two years; however, UCR's grad division has agreed to request that ProQuest allow a period of up to five years, renewably. Whatever the period, you will need to contact ProQuest directly if you either want to start, renew or remove an embargo.

Here is the website for all related links and information:

http://www.etdadmin.com/cgi-bin/main/resources?siteId=165

If you have any further questions, I believe Kara Oswood in Grad Division can answer them:

kara.oswood at ucr.edu, 951-827-3315

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto