[CW-Grad] CineStory Screenwriting Competition

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 12 12:58:21 PST 2012

This is a pretty good outfit.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lisanne Sartor <lsartor at sbcglobal.net>
Date: January 12, 2012 12:39:53 PM PST
To: UCLA Screenwriter Alumni <screenwriteralumni at lists.ucla.edu>
Subject: [UCLA Screenwriter MFA Alumni] CineStory Screenwriting Competition

Hi all,

I'm a UCLA MFA Screenwriting alumna and have been involved for years with CineStory Foundation, a screenwriting non-profit.  You may have seen my past posts about it.  I can't say enough good things about CineStory.   It'ssmall competition with a fantastic prize – a fellowship that includes a full ride to the CineStory Writers Retreat in Idyllwild, CA where you get three hour and a half meetings with industry professionals, and a twelve-month mentorship with two working industry professionals.   UCLA writers have done well in it in the past.   See the press release below.

Lisanne Sartor
CineStory Board President

Enter to win a 12-month Screenwriting Fellowship with the CineStory Foundation

The CineStory Foundation is a national non-profit dedicated to nurturing emerging screenwriters through its mentorship programs and yearly screenwriting contest, the CineStory Screenwriting Awards.

With over 20k in cash and prizes, the contest's Grand Prize is a 12-month Fellowship program during which the writer is mentored by two Hollywood professionals. In addition, semifinalists, finalists and winners become eligible to attend an intensivefour-day Writers Retreat where they work one-on-one with working Hollywood professionals.

CineStory mentors are all committed industry professionals and include key creative personnel behind such films as IRON MAN, CHILDREN OF MEN, THE DANGEROUS LIVES OF ALTAR BOYS, FIREWALL, FINDING NEVERLAND, BAND OF BROTHERS, THE PACIFIC, WIT, NINE LIVES, PETER PAN, EVENT HORIZON, FINAL DESTINATION and many others.

Regular Deadline: Jan 15th ($55)
Late Deadline:  February 15th ($65)

Enter directly through http://www.cinestory.org/enternow/ or via mail.

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto