[CW-Grad] Short story writer, Lysley Tenorio reads from MONSTRESS

Rachelle Cruz rachelle.a.cruz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:56:37 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

Lysley Tenorio, an awesome short story writer, is coming to Southern
California to read and promote from this new book, MONSTRESS.

I've just had him on my podcast, and his work is honest, humorous and
compelling.  The Beatles and Imelda Marcos make an appearance in his
collection.

Please read below for more information on dates and locations.

I'm going to the Skylight one; let me know if you are interested in
caravaning from Riverside!

Best,
Rachelle

Lysley Tenorio will be reading from his short story collection, MONSTRESS
(Ecco/HarperCollins), in Southern California next week.  A former Stegner
Fellow at Stanford University, his work has appeared in the Atlantic,
Zoetrope: All-Story, and The Pushcart Prize Anthology.  Born in the
Philippines, he lives in San Francisco, and is an associate professor in
the MFA Program at Saint Mary's College of California.

He will be reading at the following bookstores:

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17

7:30 PM

SKYLIGHT BOOKS (in Los Feliz)

1818 N. Vermont Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90027

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18

7:00 PM

BARNES & NOBLE (in Mira Mesa)

10775 Westview Parkway

San Diego, CA 92126

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21

7:00 PM

VROMAN’S BOOKSTORE

695 E. Colorado Blvd.

Pasadena, CA 91101

You can read NPR’s review of MONSTRESS here:

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/01/146140123/monstress-the-beautiful-and-the-damned

And more info at his site: www.lysleytenorio.com

Thank you and hope to see you there!

 [image: Monstress-eCard.gif]<http://www.scribd.com/doc/80123447/Excerpt-Monstress-by-Lysley-Tenorio>