[CW-Grad] Fwd: Reading at UCR by alumna Yelizaveta Renfro

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 2 11:34:49 PST 2012

FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: Susan C Straight <susan.straight at ucr.edu>
Date: February 2, 2012 11:11:47 AM PST
To: Bryan G Bradford <bryan.bradford at ucr.edu>, Eric Barr <eric.barr at ucr.edu>, Andrew Winer <andrew.winer at cox.net>, Michael Jayme <michael.jayme at ucr.edu>, Robin Russin <robin.russin at ucr.edu>, Andrea Gutierrez <astridrea at gmail.com>, Deja A Gworek <deja.gworek at ucr.edu>
Cc: Judith Z Kronenfeld <judy.kronenfeld at ucr.edu>
Subject: Fwd: Reading at UCR by Yelizaveta Renfro

Dear All,
Yelizaveta (Lisa) Renfro was a great undergrad here several years ago, and wrote many fine short stories.  She then went on to George Mason, where she received her MFA, and now has published an excellent book of stories which I've shared with my classes.  Please forward this to your students, and let them know she'd be a wonderful person to go see, and to talk to about publishing, teaching, etc.
Thanks,
Susan Straight
Bryan, maybe Kathey De Atley can send it around as well?

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Yelizaveta P. Renfro" <yprenfro at gmail.com>
> Date: February 2, 2012 9:11:39 AM PST
> To: Susan Straight <susan.straight at ucr.edu>
> Subject: Reading at UCR
>
> Dear Susan,
> I hope you're doing well. I loved your "Travels with My Ex," which I recently read in The Best American Essays.
>
> I wanted to let you know that I am going to be giving a reading (from my short story collection) at UCR on Saturday, March 3, as part of the Homecoming activities. There are two sessions, at 12:30 and 1:30, and reservations are required by Feb. 22. I am including the link below for making reservations. Please feel free to share this with students and colleagues at UCR.
>
> https://advancementservices.ucr.edu/Homecoming2012/Registration.aspx
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lisa

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto