[CW-Grad] Post-Doc for Fiction Writer with Ph.D and Chicano/Chicana Lit Interest

Andrew Winer andreww at ucr.edu
Sun Apr 1 15:11:01 PDT 2012

Dear Current and past MFAs,

Please see the opportunity below.

My best,

Andrew

Andrew Winer
Chair & Associate Professor
Department of Creative Writing
University of California
Riverside, California 92521

951.827.5569
Email:  <mailto:andrew.winer at ucr.edu> andrew.winer at ucr.edu
Website:  <http://www.andrewwiner.com/> www.andrewwiner.com

From: Barnstone Tony [mailto:tbarnstone at whittier.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:54 PM
To: Barnstone Tony
Subject: Post-Doc for Fiction Writer with Ph.D and Chicano/Chicana Lit
Interest

Hi All,

I'm writing to spread the word about a good opportunity for a fiction writer
with a Ph.D (or ABD) to teach for two years at Whittier College with a
strong chance of tenure track after that.  I'll paste the ad below.  I'd
appreciate it if you would forward this to any writers out there you happen
to know who might fit the bill.

All Best,

Dr. Tony Barnstone

The Albert Upton Professor and Chair of English

Whittier College

13406 Philadelphia Street

Whittier CA 90608

The Whittier College Department of English Language and Literature is
offering a 2-year Mellon postdoctoral position with a 2-2 load and possible
conversion after two years to tenure track (with a 3-3 load). The primary
emphases will be on Creative Writing, especially fiction, and
Chicano/Chicana literature, with a wide range of possible additional
teaching interests including Creative Nonfiction, California Literature
and/or Multi-Ethnic Literature.  The Department seeks candidates prepared to
teach a broad range of undergraduate courses. Participation expected in
first-year writing and college-wide interdisciplinary and team-taught
programs, especially as a participant in a new Center for Collaborations
with the Arts.

Applicants must have received the Ph.D no earlier than July 1, 2009 or be
close to completion.  Mellon Fellows may not hold any other appointment
during the period of the fellowship.

Whittier College is a liberal arts college in the Los Angeles area with a
widely diverse student body and strong emphasis on interdisciplinary
teaching. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, strongly committed to
diversity, and we seek applications from members of under-represented
groups.

Review of applications will begin immediately, and we will interview by
telephone in mid-to-late April. Please send vita, statement of teaching
philosophy, brief writing sample, and dossier to Dr. Tony Barnstone, Chair,
Department of English, Whittier College, 13406 Philadelphia St., PO Box 634,
Whittier CA 90608.