[CW-Grad] CBS Diversity Writers Mentoring Program NOW OPEN

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 4 14:54:08 PST 2011

                               CBS DIVERSITY INSTITUTE

WRITERS MENTORING PROGRAM
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
THE 2011 ~ 2012 SESSION

Applications are now being accepted for the 9th session of the CBS Diversity Institute’s Writers Mentoring Program.  The submission period isFebruary 1, 2011 – April 1, 2011.

The Writers Mentoring Program helps aspiring writers to break in and move up in the business.  Each participant is matched with two mentors – one is a CBS or CBS Studio creative executive and the other is a show mentor on a current series.  Participants meet regularly with their mentors for advice and support on improving their writing skills as well as career advice and guidance.

With a total of 50 graduates in its first eight years, the Program has launched 25 careers in episodic television.

The primary focus of the CBS Diversity Institute Writers Program is to provide access and networking opportunities for talented and motivated diverse writers – with a focus on writers of color.  The program is based in Los Angeles.   It begins in October 2011 and runs through April 2012.

The Writers Mentoring Program is not employment and there is no monetary compensation.  It is, instead, a structured program of career development, support, and personal access to executives and decision-making processes; with the goal of preparing aspiring writers for later employment opportunities in television.

For more information click on www.cbsdiversity.com, then click on Diversity Institute there you will find the Writers' Mentoring Program Informationand Application.

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto