[CW-Grad] FW: 580 Split Call for Submissions - New Deadline

Bryan G Bradford bryan.bradford at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 29 07:47:29 PDT 2011

Dear MFA program participants and administrators,

580 Split, the graduate literary journal housed at Mills College in Oakland, California, is pleased to announce our Call for Submissions for Issue 14. Please note, our deadline has been extended to October 31st. We are accepting submissions of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, and visual arts. Please share this info with your students and staff.

580 Split - Call for Submissions - Extended Deadline

Submission Deadline: October 31, 2011

In Issue 14, 580 Split: A Gathering of Voices, we invite you to share your voice with us. A gathering can be any number of things. It can be a gathering of animals such as geese in the sky, a gathering of sounds to create a piece of music, a gathering of friends or family at a reunion, or in the case of our next issue, a gathering of voices. Make a statement, inform the world, and let your voice be heard. We encourage you to submit writing that touches upon the human condition or remarks upon something you believe in. How do you want your voice to be heard at the gathering?

Guidelines:
580 Split accepts only previously unpublished work (online or print). We will accept only two stories of short fiction or creative non-fiction, up to three poems, or up to three pieces of visual art per person. While we are happy to accept simultaneous submissions, we ask that you notify us as soon as your work is accepted elsewhere. While we accept longer pieces, shorter pieces have a better chance at publication. There is no minimum word count. See below for category specific requirements. Submissions should be submitted via Submishmash or Standard Mail. Each uploaded document should consist of a single story, poem, or visual art piece.

Submissions sent via Standard Mail must be postmarked by October 31st. Submissions sent outside of our reading period or submissions sent via email will not be considered.

Submit with Submishmash:
http://580split.submishmash.com/submit
Paper Submissions should be sent to:
580 Split c/o Mills College
English Dept.
5000 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613

We do Blind Readings. Please upload your work without your name on the manuscript or file. If submissions are sent via standard mail, please include a cover page with your Name, Email, and other Contact Information. Do not put your name on the actual work, but do put the title in the header. 580 Split does not traditionally publish works from the Mills College community.

The journal will be released in late spring 2012.

We look forward to reading your work!
Stephanie Kreuz
--
Managing Editor