[CW-Grad] Coachella Review’s Annual Fiction Award Contest

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Sun Apr 10 13:13:09 PDT 2011

Check this out!

Annual Fiction Contest

The Coachella Review’s Annual Fiction Award

Yes, The Coachella Review is back, and this time we’re looking for genre work. Send us your very best literary work of 6,000 words or less that fits into a genre – horror, sci-fi, noir, steam punk, experimental – and send it by June 1st.

If you’re confused by the term “literary genre,” look no farther than authors such as Kate Atkinson, Will Christopher Baer, James Blaylock, Craig Clevenger, Sara Gran, K. W. Jeter, Joyce Carole Oates, Chuck Palahniuk, Tim Powers, Scott Wolven.

To be considered for the Annual Fiction Award and its $500 prize, attach a cover page that includes the title, your name, address, phone number and email. DO NOT include personal information on the manuscript, only title and page numbers. If you’d like to know that we received your story, include a self-addressed, stamped post card. Work will not be returned.

Reading fee: $20, check or money order payable to the Regents-UC.

Our Address:

The Coachella Review

UCR Palm Desert Graduate Center

75-080 Frank Sinatra Drive

Palm Desert, CA 92211

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto