[CW-Grad] Fwd: WRITEGIRL SEEKS VOLUNTEERS FOR SEASON 10 - PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 21 23:46:12 PDT 2010

Perhaps of interest:

Never underestimate the power of a girl and her pen!

Love to write?  You’ll love WriteGirl!

Help girls write their way to brilliant futures.

WriteGirl is looking for women to serve as volunteers for our 10th season of creative writing workshops and mentoring for teen girls.  Join a vibrant community of women writers.  Mentor a girl (monthly or weekly) in creative writing. Help with communications, book marketing, graphic design, fundraising, event planning or public relations.

Through mentoring, writing workshops, public readings, performances and publications, WriteGirl teens explore poetry, fiction, journalism, screenwriting, songwriting and more. Monthly workshops (Saturdays) are held near downtown Los Angeles. Creative writing workshops also take place weekly at several schools in the greater Los Angeles region.

·      Download an application from our website under the “Join Us” tab.

·      Deadline for applications is October 5th.

·      Upcoming training dates (select one): September 18, September 25, October 9

·      For more information, visit www.writegirl.org or call 323 - 363 -1287.

WriteGirl has been named the 2010-2011 California Nonprofit of the Year by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver!

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto