[CW-Grad] Asst. Professor/Poetry Hire in Minnesota

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 2 12:28:40 PDT 2010

FYI --

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kathleen Glasgow <kglasgow at umn.edu>
Date: September 2, 2010 12:57:05 PM MDT
To: robin.russin at ucr.edu
Subject: Asst. Professor/Poetry Hire

Dear Robin,

I am writing to ask for your assistance in publicizing our search for an Assistant Professor, poetry, in our MFA program at the University of Minnesota.  The position begins in fall 2011.  If you could forward the position announcement, pasted below, to any and all interested parties, we'd be immensely grateful.

Robin

--
Kathleen Glasgow, Coordinator
Creative Writing Program

The Department of English at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Creative Writing (poetry), a tenure-track position with a 2/2 course load, to begin fall semester 2011. Successful applicants are expected to maintain an active record of publication in poetry; teach primarily in the graduate creative writing program; direct MFA theses; serve on MFA admissions committee; act as advisor to dislocate (the graduate student literary magazine); and teach some undergraduate creative writing and literature courses.

Required Qualifications: The M.F.A. or Ph.D. in creative writing, English, or related field, with degree in hand; primary specialization in poetry; college/university-level teaching experience; and at least one collection of poetry published by a national press.

Preferred Qualifications: Other high quality publications in poetry and indications of potential for continued success as a published poet; effective teaching in graduate and undergraduate creative writing and literature courses; and ability to direct M.F.A. theses, essays, and defenses.

Candidates will be evaluated according to the overall quality of their academic preparation; their poetry (published and forthcoming); their commitment to, skills in, and range of teaching; and strength of recommendations.  Interested individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. To be assured of full consideration, online applications with attached materials must be submitted by October 15, 2010. Finalists will be invited for an interview at the annual MLA Convention, held January 6-9, 2011 in Los Angeles, and will be contacted in December 2010.

Complete job description can be found here:  http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=89504

--
Kathleen Glasgow, Coordinator
Creative Writing Program
222 Lind Hall
kglasgow at umn.edu, 612-625-4360
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455
http://creativewriting.umn.edu

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto