[CW-Grad] Fwd: Grove theatre / show

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 27 15:18:20 PDT 2010

Perhaps of interest:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Levinson <rlev1223 at yahoo.com>
Date: October 27, 2010 3:13:53 PM PDT
To: robin.russin at ucr.edu
Subject: Grove theatre / show

Hello,

I'm Richard Levinson, co-author (songs) and co-producer of the new musical "Savin' Up for Saturday Night" currently being staged at the Grove Theatre in Upland after last year's premiere at the Sacred Fools Theatre in Hollywood.

First, a few moments of self-promotion:

The show, which had an extended run last year at Sacred Fools, was just nominated for 2 LA Stage Alliance Ovation awards (including best music and lyrics).

Our opening at the Grove this past weekend received glowing (seriously) audience comments, many of which can be seen on the Goldstar show site, as well as a really gratifying review at http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5931774/savin_up_for_saturday_night_a_theatrical.html?cat=8

(The premiere also got great reviews from the LA Weekly, Broadwayworld. com and Backstage among others.)

The show is directed by Jeremy Aldridge, who won just about every award imaginable for the recent hit "Louis and Keely Live at the Sahara!" and choreographed by Allison Bibicoff, late of "The Who's Tommy" at the Chance in Anaheim, and previously Asst.. Choreographer on the Tony nominated "Xanadu" on Broadway.  Book is by Jeff Goode, best known for his perennial dark comedy "The Eight: Reindeer Monologues," which is produced all over the world each holiday season.

All of this is by way of saying that we really want you and your students to see this great show!  There is a big student discount ticket of $15.00 (regularly $20/25) -- call 909-920-4343 to reserve.

Lots more show info, including show dates and times, at www.savinup.com

The show runs 4 more weekends, we hope you can make it.

Best regards,

Richard Levinson