[CW-Grad] Fwd: KCACTF Student Opportunity - Critics, Dramaturgs, and Undergraduate Scholarly Papers

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 26 12:59:45 PDT 2010

FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Binkley <kcactf-8 at csun.edu>
Date: October 26, 2010 12:55:55 PM PDT
To: "Circuit 2 Active. 2" <kcactf-8 at csun.edu>
Cc: "Circuit 3 Active. 1" <kcactf-8 at csun.edu>
Subject: KCACTF Student Opportunity - Critics, Dramaturgs, and Undergraduate Scholarly Papers

Dear Colleagues,

Do you know curious, energetic students hungry to engage more in criticism, dramaturgy, or theatre scholarship? Alert them to opportunities at the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival at the Los Angeles Theatre Center and Omni Hotel, February 8-12, 2011. The attached flier will help.

At the regional festival, one finalist in criticism and one in dramaturgy will be selected to represent our region, all expenses paid, at the national KCACTF in Washington, D.C., April 18-24, 2011. At the national festival, at least one critic and one dramaturg will be selected to participate in the prestigious O’Neill Playwrights’ Conference, Playwrights’ Center in Minneapolis, or Kennedy Center National New Play Network’s MFA Playwrights’ Workshop in the summer. And two writers of scholarly papers will be selected for national cash awards of $1,000 and $500.

Please announce and post the attached flier, with links to web sites that describe all pertinent information—awards, eligibility, and submission. And feel free to contact me with any questions.

Look forward to seeing you and your critics, dramaturgs, and scholars in LA!

Sincerely,

Bob Nelson
Critics and Dramaturgy Coordinator
KCACTF Region VIII
bob.nelson at utah.edu

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto