[CW-Grad] Fwd: Yemassee Short Fiction Contest

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 14 11:51:32 PDT 2010

From Bhavin Tailor, co-Editor of Yemassee, the University of South Carolina's literary journal: a contest announcement.

Yemassee, the University of South Carolina’s literary journal, announces the William Richey Short Fiction Contest. Submit a short story or novel excerpt of up to 10,000 words with a $10 entry fee by November 15th. Author David Bajo will select the winner, who will receive $1,000 and publication in Yemassee. Two runners-up will receive $100 each, and ten additional finalists will be listed on our website. All entries will be considered for publication.

Entries may be submitted via submishmash at: http://yemassee.submishmash.com/

or mailed to:

Yemassee

William Richey Short Fiction Contest

Department of English

University of South Carolina

Columbia, SC. 29208

(Checks should be made payable to Educational Foundation/English Literary Magazine Fund)

For more information, visit http://www.yemasseejournalonline.org/

Sincerely,

Zack O’Neill and Bhavin Tailor

Editors, Yemassee

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto