[CW-Grad] Fwd: Montana Prize in Fiction, Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction, Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 30 09:35:52 PST 2010

Perhaps of interest. Please note there is a $17 entry/subscription fee.

Begin forwarded message:

From: CutBank Online <cutbankonline at gmail.com>
Date: November 30, 2010 9:23:25 AM PST
To: cutbank at umontana.edu
Subject: Montana Prize in Fiction, Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction, Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry

Greetings,

CutBank is pleased to announce the 2011 Montana Prize in Fiction, Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction, and the Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry. The goal of the Montana and Goedicke Prizes is to recognize work that showcases an authentic voice, a boldness of form, and a rejection of functional fixedness. Winners receive $500 and publication in CutBank 75, our summer 2011 issue. We are thrilled to announce this year's judges:

Montana Prize in Fiction - judge Eileen Myles
Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction - judge Thalia Field
Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry - judge D. A. Powell

More information is available below, and at www.cutbankonline.org.

We hope you'll share the following opportunities with your students. Thank you!

Yours truly,

Kate Rutledge Jaffe
CutBank Editor-in-Chief
www.cutbankonline.org
cutbank at umontana.edu

- - -

MONTANA PRIZE IN FICTION, MONTANA PRIZE IN CREATIVE NONFICTION, PATRICIA GOEDICKE PRIZE IN POETRY
CutBank is pleased to announce the 2011 Montana Prize in Fiction, Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction, and the Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry. The goal of the Montana and Goedicke Prizes is to recognize work that showcases an authentic voice, a boldness of form, and a rejection of functional fixedness.

This year, Eileen Myles will judge the fiction contest, Thalia Field will judge the nonfiction contest, and D. A. Powell will judge the poetry contest. We're thrilled to have such an esteemed group of writers participating in this year's awards.

Submissions are accepted December 1, 2010 through February 28, 2011. Winners receive $500 and publication in CutBank 75. All submissions will be considered for publication in CutBank. The contests' $17 entry fee  includes a one-year, two-issue subscription to CutBank, beginning with the prize issue, CutBank 75. For more information, visit www.cutbankonline.org/page/contests or submit to the contest directly by clicking here!

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS TO CUTBANK

Now in its 37th year, CutBank is once again looking for great work to publish in issues 74 and 75. From October 1 through February 15, we're welcoming original, unpublished works of poetry, fiction, and literary nonfiction from established and upcoming writers alike. Over the years, we've been privileged to feature work by Wendell Berry, William Kittredge, Louise Erdrich, Aimee Bender, Richard Hugo, Seamus Heaney, Chris Offutt, Virgil Suarez, Steve Almond, and many others. As editors, we're looking first and foremost for excellent writing. We love to read, and are always looking for work that startles us, engaging us emotionally and challenging us intellectually - and we work hard to cull the majority of content for our issues from unsolicited submissions. We're always excited to feature new writers. Furthermore, we’re happy to announce that we’re now accepting online submissions. Click here to submit directly. We look forward to reading your work!

For more information and to learn more about our other exciting ventures this year, visit cutbankonline.org. Thank you!

Yours truly,

CutBank Literary Magazine

www.cutbankonline.org

cutbank at umontana.edu

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto