[CW-Grad] Reel Scripts Screenwriting Contest

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 23 09:09:54 PST 2010

Pass along to those who may be intersted:

Screenwriting Contest
Grand Prize:
Overall Winning Script is Produced

Full Feature Scripts-
1st Prize: $5,000
2nd Prize: $2,500
3rd Prize: $1,000

Short Scripts-
1st Prize: $2,500
2nd Prize: $1,000
3rd Prize: $750

Entries Due By March 1st
Late Entires Due By March 15th
Winner Notified by April 30th

Page Limit:
20 pages for Short Scripts ($25)
130 pags for Feature Scripts ($35)

PDF Format

Any genre is accepted

Reel Scripts does a biyearly screenwriting contest that is unlike any
other contest out there because in addition to cash prizes there is an
overall winner who gets their script produced and EVERYONE who enters
receives script coverage on their screenplays before the contest is
over. It is a great way for screenwriters or filmmakers to get their
work out there, get feedback on their work, and network with others.

Reel Scripts is dedicated to the funding and producing of new scripts
as well as it is one of the simplest writing contests around. Our
contests help fund many projects for independent filmmakers as well as
for up-and-coming screenwriters. Reel Scripts accepts submissions for
both short and full feature screenplays from all genres and up to
three scripts can be entered for each contest. Scripts are read by a
panel of judges who are compiled of producers, directors, actors, and
screenwriters. There are three winners in the short script category,
three winners in the full feature category, and a Grand Prize winner
with the winners announced no later than two months after the contest
deadlines. We are more than just a contest, we are a resource for
screenwriters. Reel Scripts wants to help in the success of fellow
screenwriters and filmmakers.

www.reelscripts.com

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto