[CW-Grad] Fwd: Glimmer Train - November 30 deadline

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 18 08:18:59 PST 2010

Perhaps of interest. Please note that there is a reading fee.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Glimmer Train" <noreply at mail.glimmertrainpress.com>
Date: November 18, 2010 2:00:16 AM PST
To: mfaadvising at ucr.edu
Subject: Glimmer Train - November 30 deadline

 	 SHORT STORY AWARD for NEW WRITERS
Deadline: November 30

Prizes:
	 1st place wins $1,200, publication in Glimmer Train Stories, and 20 copies.
	 2nd-place: $500 and possible publication.
	 3rd-place: $300 and possible publication.

Other considerations:
	 Open only to writers whose fiction has not appeared in any print publication with a circulation over 5,000. (Entries, of course, must not have appeared in any print publication.)
	 Please, no longer than 12,000 words. Any shorter lengths are welcome.
	 Reading fee is $15 per story.
	 Results post on January 31. Winning story will be published in Issue 82.

We look forward to reading your work!

In the brand new Best American Short Stories, of the top "100 distinguished short stories," six appeared in Glimmer Train Stories, second only to the New Yorker. We are pleased to say that, of those six, two were those authors' first stories accepted for publication.

	Please note that we never share your contact information.

CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS by sending us the old email address and the new. Thanks!

Don't want to get our bulletins and reminders? UNSUBSCRIBE here.

Questions? Please check our straightforward FAQs; if the answer isn't there: editors at glimmertrain.org.

You are subscribed as mfaadvising at ucr.edu

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto