[CW-Grad] Fwd: Quarter After Eight Short Prose Contest

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 17 09:58:35 PST 2010

Perhaps of interest--

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kate Nuernberger <klnuernberger at yahoo.com>
Date: November 17, 2010 9:52:53 AM PST
To: Kate Nuernberger <KLNuernberger at yahoo.com>
Subject: Quarter After Eight Short Prose Contest

Dear faculty, administrators, and program directors,

Could you please pass the following information along to your students?

Thank you!
The Editors at Quarter After Eight

------------

Quarter After Eight is pleased to announce the
Robert J. DeMott Short Prose Contest

PRIZE: $1,000 + Publication
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Dec. 1, 2010

Submit your prose-poem, short-short fiction, essay-in-brief, etc. of 500 words of fewer. Include a title page with your name, address, phone number, and the title of your submission(s). The reading fee is $15 for three pieces and includes a complimentary one-year subscription to the journal. Please make checks payable to Quarter After Eight.

Mail entries to: Quarter After Eight / Ohio University / 360 Ellis Hall / Athens, OH 45701

Complete guidelines available at quarteraftereight.org.

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto