[CW-Grad] Reminder: Pete Nelson reading from his new novel at Skylight Books on May 13

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue May 11 18:56:50 PDT 2010

To those who've already responded, apologies for the repeat-- just a friendly reminder!

Robin

On Apr 28, 2010, at 7:01 PM, Robin Russin wrote:

Hi everyone--

I want to let you know about a reading that's coming up on Thursday, May 13th at 7:30 PM, at Skylight Books in Los Feliz.

The writer is an old friend of ours, Peter Nelson, who'll be visiting from Connecticut with his new novel "I Thought You Were Dead," published by Algonquin.

No, it's not a murder mystery-- that's what his dog Stella says to him every time he comes home. The book is about a man, his conversations with his beloved but elderly dog, and his troubles with women and life in general.

It is a great read, and Pete is a great guy.

If you think you might come, mark your calendar and maybe RSVP me so we can also let Skylight know at least roughly how many books to have on hand. We'll probably have a little party at our house afterwards as well.